I'm not blogging actively these days
I know I've said that I'm going on a hiatus, till my semester ends anyway
I do make exceptions somehow, and this is one of them
Went out with family for dinner
It's my little younger brother's 13th birthday today~
I shouldn't be calling him lil bro anymore, he's finally a teenager
He's growing alot these days, I'm surprised eventhough I see him everyday
I humour myself sometimes, thinking that one day I might just wake up to find him taller than me
But right now, what amuses me the most is his voice, it's cracking already
He's also showing his rebellious side lately, makes me feel like giving him a good bashing... LOL
I don't know if others feel the way I do...
Having a sibling 9 years younger... that's a pretty big age gap
With so many years between us, I really do notice all his phases of growing up
I remember helping my mum take care of him when he was a baby, feeding and carrying him and all that
I've witnessed him going to the kindergarten, primary school and now he's a freshman in secondary school
I'd never thought the day would arrive so soon, seeing him in those olive green slacks
His shoes used to be smaller than mine, but now he wears the same shoe size as me
All these little changes, I do notice... I'm not an ignorant sister
I even stumbled upon things that, you know *ehem*... boys being curious and all that
They're growing up and taking an interest in the opposite sex
I'm going to stop freaking out and running to my mum first thing to complain whenever I stumble across these things anymore... or maybe not (mums need to know anyway... revenge for the little bump in my teenage life? lol)
Because I know that boys need to know these things to grow up into men, and I'm not gonna interfere
But it's just a little weird and awkward... like, what happened to my innocent brother, you know? or
Hello, have you seen my brother's innocence? I think he lost it somewhere -_-
Sometimes I question my parents' decision, like why do they give me a brother so young... it's like a generation gap between us...
Even worse for my elder brother, they have a 11 year age gap
But I think it's good in a way, he brings more fun into our lives... if he makes my parents feel younger, why not?
Unlike me and my elder bro, we only have 2 years between us...
We didn't notice each other's changes, because we were growing up together
The typical bro and sis relationship, we used to fight and bicker alot when we were younger, hating on each other and just making each other's lives miserable
I used to envy those people whose elder brother dotes on them alot
But, who am I to wish? I'm not a very good sister anyway
I think my younger brother... I'm so used to calling him my lil bro, screw it... he's still my lil bro forever
Anyway I think he takes after me, in the sense that he always likes whatever I like
I like roasted chestnuts, cherries, strawberries, red bean steamed buns, malt candies, etc.
And strangely, he'll develop a taste for them too
I used to complain to my mum... because that means I'll have to split, less for me
But I don't really care now, feels kinda warm actually... siblings who have the same tastes
We used to be really close, I recall the times when we used to watch cartoons, make silly jokes and play PS2 games together... the good old days
But as we grow up, we've drifted apart... and it's mostly my fault
I'm the older one, I should tolerate and know when to give in... but I was stubborn, I didn't know any better
And without knowing, the years' come and gone... and this is how it's become
If I could change the way things are... I would
I know it's never too late, but I'm taking it slow and easy
I'm gonna be a better sister, I'll help support his studies on behalf of my parents
I really don't think of him as a nuisance, I'm really glad my parents gave birth to him
I can't imagine how lonely it would be if I didn't have him for a lil bro
Sure, he gets on my nerves sometimes and I feel like beating him up... but aren't all younger brothers like that?
I'm gonna miss that side of him when he's grown up and matured, bringing in the girls like bees to honey... rofl
Gosh... what is with all this sentimental stuff?! Get out of my mind!
It's my dad's 54th birthday tomorrow... yeah yeah how coincidental and stuff~
He doesn't need presents anymore... he received the best present of his lifetime 13 years ago, lol
.
Test Post
10 years ago
0 Played:
Post a Comment