CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Man's Best Friend


Sometimes, I just think that I want to live the life of a dog...
Not just any dog though, but my dog... RUSSELL boy, the lucky bastard :)
He's probably the most carefree dog ever
All he does all day is sleep, eat, roam, sleep, eat, roam and the cycle repeats
Sometimes I catch him staring at the porch ceiling for lizards, then he goes on a mad hunt like they're his chew toy or something
I also caught him trying to escape by ramming into the automatic gates
I don't know whether to call him smart or stupid, but it does get on my nerves and makes me worried about him
He's also like a Venus flycatcher, somewhat
I saw him swallowing flies and other insects that hover near him
There was this dragonfly, finda big, and he just chomped on it, tucked in between his paws
I practically shrieked coz I was just telling my baby cousin, "Oh look, a dragonfly!" and poof! into the dog's mouth
Poor dragonfly suffers the consequences of hovering too near to the canine bugcatcher, but it managed to escape, maybe my piglet didn't have a taste for dragonflies and their buzzing~
Dogs... they're man's best friend, they get pampered and loved and whatnot
They get patted on the head, scratched and tickled all over, played and ruffled with
What's not to envy?
They don't even have to fuss over what clothes to wear or earning their own keep
Okay, so some dogs aren't as lucky as mine, he's practically a free dog always with a meal and a cozy home to come home too
I don't like seeings dogs caged or tied to gates or poles, leashed with those chokers around their necks
It's definitely gonna hurt if they struggle
And I really despise those people who lack common sense and compassion for their pets
They leave them without food or water for days, and I once saw this dog which was leashed with the chain tied all the way up the gates, the poor dog can't even sit!
I could see there was no strength left in his legs from standing too long, but he couldn't sit, dammit!
It makes me so angry, all these animal cruelty... argh!
I'll never treat my pets like that, they're called man's best friend, so treat them like one!
Jeez, I was gonna talk about the wonders of being my dog, but I ended up ranting about animal cruelty instead!

The Lucky Dog
Photobucket

0 Played: