I get to have a say on this day
It's my big day after all, I'm entitled to!
Today is the day I hit the big twenty-one~
Yes, I turned 21 today... two one, two and one, now put them together
Don't mind me, I'm still trying to grasp the realisation
That I have yet grew a year older
That I have reached the legal age to enter casinos and gamble and what not
I knew this day would come, sooner or later
I knew it was catching up with me
It's just when it finally caught me, I have no choice but to give in
It is my birthday, isn't it?
I should be happy, shouldn't I?
I'm happy... I really am
But there's this little dreadful feeling that's bugging me and I'm not so sure why
It's almost taunting me, did it just called me old?! lol
Maybe it's because from today onwards I'm a full-fledged adult
21 years of my existence in this world...
What have I actually accomplished and achieved?
Age is catching up with me but it seems like I'm still stucked back in my teenage years
I still go crazy over what teenagers do
I still melt and spazz at the sight of those idol groups
Instead of focusing and planning for my future and career
I'm still dreaming and fantasizing about my dreams
What I would really rather like to do
I'd like to think of it as a back-up plan :D
I was actually looking forward to this day, to turning 21
With the thoughts that my mum would present me with a key pendant, a symbol of independence from parent to child
But according to her, I don't need it =x
Maybe it's her subtle way of saying I'll never escape her watchful eyes or from her clutches, LOL
That's my guess anyway XD
I'll always be my parents' daughter, key or no key
It's getting late so I'm gonna wrap this up and wake up possibly early tomorrow to get possibly more birthday wishes!
It used to be wishing for material things or childish immature selfish wishes
But this year... this year I'm gonna dedicate it to my beloved ones
My loving family and dear friends that have stood by me all these years
For all the care, love and support given... I truly appreciate it
I couldn't ask for anything better
Here's to hopes that we would stay together like this, forever and always
I LOVE YOU ALL~!!! CHEERS!
See how much I've grown up? Hehe :D
♥ ,
Mish
Test Post
10 years ago
0 Played:
Post a Comment