I don't know where all these emo vibes are coming from,
but my friends and I are certainly caught in it
I can't put words to describe it, the feeling...
Tears threatening to spill out so easily
Triggered by overflowing waves of emotions and thoughts
It's getting out of my control
I didn't realise it until I lifted a hand to brush off the wet trail
And that was just this morning in the bathroom
Okay enough of the emo before I do anything stupid...
Seriously this wasn't supposed to be an emo post!
Here's something lighter...
I'm a curious person by nature, I'll admit to that
Curious as in I get a little anxious when I don't know the meaning of a word or when I've forgotten something
And I feel this urging need to head straight to the table and grab a dictionary or crack my brains till I finally remember it
It keeps bugging me that I don't know the answer to it
And when I've finally got it solved, it's a big relief
I've become so familiar with the dictionary that I'm able to find the word within seconds
Which comes to the reason for this post today (late opening I know)
I find it amusing yet sad that my 11-year-old brother doesn't know how to use a dictionary properly
He was watching Transformers when suddenly there was no sound anymore
I turned around to look and the scene on TV was paused
I was shocked when I read the subtitles on the screen
Then I looked at my brother slouching on the sofa, shuffling through a dictionary
He was definitely searching for the meaning of that word on the screen
No doubt about it, it was the only word worth searching for
Yes, it's the M word, as in the 'sexually gratifying yourself' word
Omg, I feel shocked and embarassed for him and myself
He sure is taking a long time looking for that word...
I wonder if he'll find it, and if he does... will he even understand what it says?
What will be his reaction to it? I don't even wanna know
I was a very naive kid back then, didn't know anything of this
That is until I hit adolescence like age 15 or so, kinda slow huh?
Yeah it's kinda slow compared to what kids nowadays are exposed to
They learn of these things earlier, but does it mean they mature faster?
I don't think so though, it will only corrupt their young minds
I'm a little on the conservative side, but I can be open about certain things
I'm proud of the way I've been brought up, couldn't ask for any other
Let's just say I knew what has been going on with my elder bro *smirks*
But he is elder than me so I didn't get to witness much, not like I even wanted to
However, that is not the case with my younger bro
I'm here, all grown-up, self-proclaimed mature to see his transformation
I'll have to admit that my baby brother is growing up...
The brother that came into my life when I was 9... the brother that I helped my mum looked after... the brother that I used to carry in my arms... the brother that I used to cuddle with and shared childish moments
Why do I get the feeling that all this are getting lost along the way as he and I grow up
Gosh, even as I'm writing this, my eyes are getting glassy and teary
So... all I'm saying is...
To my parents, I don't know how you're going to handle this one, but I wish you all the luck, love and patience with him...
Somehow... it feels great to be the middle child!
p/s: Like omg, how did Transformers and a certain word lead to all this emotional outburst?! How the heck did this happen? And here I thought I was gonna make fun of him or something...I'm too soft for my own good. Seriously, this was a very emotional post, I couldn't go on with it, had to end it sooner before the tears fall.
Test Post
10 years ago
0 Played:
Post a Comment