CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vintage Romance


Seems like I'm into Victorian romance lately
I've watched this 2005 movie titled Pride and Prejudice
It was really romantic and inspiring and touching
I don't know how to describe it
I'm always a sucker for love-hate relationships
It just left me breathless...
And then I went and bought the novel
I'm hooked on this, seriously
Victorian romance, who would've thought I was into these stuff
But besides that, I really like the way they speak, what they spoke of, the way they dress, the way they carry themselves with an air of elegance
I like the way everything is so superficial
The movie stars Kiera Knightley as the leading lady
She plays Elizabeth Bennet, the second daughter of five
She's cool-headed, determined and speaks her mind
She met her match in Mr Darcy, newest bachelor in town
They didn't exactly hit off nicely during the first meeting
He thought of her as just plain while she thought he was too proud
Sigh, I need to stop before I go on and tell the whole story
I've also had other Victorian romance books before this
And I didn't even realize I had this... thing for it
A few books by Meg Cabot, but her writing is quite modernized
I prefer Jane Austen's writing, the author of Pride and Prejudice
Coz it was written in the 18th century, very authentic...gad
Haven't finish reading it, was preoccupied with reading another action-romance novel which I borrowed from my uni's library
It is umm... very interesting *ehem*
But I was quite disappointed with the ending though... boohoo
Shall continue with P&P later! :D

0 Played: