CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Superstitious

Today is Friday the 13th... is anyone creeped out by this?
I have no idea why Westerners get so freaked out by a day and a number
And here I thought Chinese are the most superstitious race in the entire world
So what is this Friday the 13th about?
It is so overrated that it is even classified as a type of phobia
The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia
It is believed that Friday is an unlucky day, and 13 is an unlucky number
So put them both together and it'll be the worst day ever, okay maybe not as worst as the end of the world, but expect that there will be a series of unfortunate events abound
And this year, there will be 3 months that will have Friday the 13th in it, February, March and November
I'm not a believer but I can't shake off this uneasy feeling that something might happen
As if something might strike when you least expected it
But I like Friday, it's the last working day of the week!
And Saturday is just bliss... ahh~ and bliss is tomorrow! Yay~
Oh... but then again tomorrow's February 14th, a pretty lonely day to be alone
But knowing me, I'm not even bothered by it, coz I've never celebrated it :D
I don't understand the significance of it anyway
Is it the only day to show your love to your loved one?
Okay let's not get side-tracked, that's topic for tomorrow!
Today's Friday the 13th, the creepy... spooky day
But still give it some deserved attention okay?
It isn't feared for nothing >_<
So I hope everyone will be safe and unharmed today XD

But one thing I don't get is if Friday is a bad day, what is Good Friday then? o_o
Hmm...

0 Played: