CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

To The Sky

So... today's the 9th day of Chinese New Year
And some Chinese have this tradition of praying to "Tien Gong" just after midnight
During my teens *coughs* why do I make myself seem old?!
Anyway during my schooling days I used to look forward to this ritual
Coz I would follow my mum to buy prayer stuffs and then get busy with arranging fruits and other food stuff on the table outside my house
And then it all goes off with a bang!
Really, houses start to light the long red string of firecrackers that's deafeningly loud
And after that we would burn paper money by the heap and watch it fly to the sky
We would stay up late, play firecrackers, watch beautiful fireworks and inhale lots of smoke and gunpowder
Oh, the memories~
And it's always an excuse to skip school the next morning :D
It should be a holiday coz we sleep late!
But somehow my family stopped practising this tradition for 2 years now since we shifted house for religious reasons
Now it's just a simple prayer inside the house at the altar
I have to say I kinda missed taking part in all the action when I heard and saw my neighbours praying
It's like there's a war going on outside my house, explosions and bombing everywhere
It's kinda sucky when you don't get to participate so you sit at home and scowl at all the commotion happening outside
I couldn't really go to sleep coz of all the noise like, hello some people have to work tomorrow!
So I finally slept at 2am when it finally calmed down
And so that means I didn't get enough sleep today! >:[
Not to mention the weather this morning was really gloomy and cloudy which makes me wanna sleep
So, the conclusion of this post it... I miss tradition!!!
Tradition like this should be preserved and practiced, keep it going!
Does this mean I'm traditional? LOL I'm so into the Chinese New Year mood~

And this morning in the car, I get really irked by radio nowadays
What happened to the good ol' radio that actually plays good music anymore
Radio stations now air more commercials and talk rather than playing music!
Really pisses me off every morning when I switch all the channels and it's all the same! They're all just commercial breaks and news and more talking OH GAWD!
What do I need to do to listen to some music in the morning?!
And after work, stuck in the traffic jam when I really need to release stress and tension and what?
The damn radio stations provides traffic updates when all I really need is music!!!
Like ftw with the traffic updates when we're all already stuck in traffic -_-
Please, play more music... talk less
I'm so thankful for my iPod, don't know what I'd do without it >_<

Speaking of music, there're only 3 genres that I really listen to
I've always preferred fast tempo songs compared to ballads and slow ones
One; sweet, soulful and R&B but still catchy like DongBangShinKi and Se7en
Two; emo, angsty and dramatic like Epik High
Three; insanely catchy, addicting and hiphop-ish like Big Bang
Lol... I'm so bad at describing music, I just can't seem find the right words to fit
But anyway, Se7en, DBSK, Epik High and Big Bang rock my world, they're awesome!
And I really mean it, music-wise and not just the looks, lol
Please don't ever disband and breakup and what shit and stuff, never!
I know it's inevitable but just... not so soon D:

I haven't been blogging much, 18 posts only for January?!
I phail~~ I flail~~~ epic fail ...
WHY?! I'm just distracted... hehe
Anyway, February is an interesting month, just wait and see :D

0 Played: