CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Like A Drizzle


"It is drizzling outside when a woman in blue is sitting at the back of the restaurant, near the kitchen. She is enjoying her breakfast of 'tosai' and a warm glass of Milo. She stirs the glass with a spoon in her left hand and proceeded to bring the glass of beverage to her lips. After a long and slow sip, she holds the now almost empty glass in her hand. Her expression is as if she is in a daze, as her line of vision is not focused on anything in particular. She looks like she is planning the rest of her day. She gets up from her seat and heads to the sink to wash her hands, to cleanse what is left of her meal. She dries her hands with a tissue paper and then grabs her purse and umbrella on her way out. She pays for her meal at the cash register, took back her change and exchanges a word of thanks with the cashier."


And that... was my work for Feature Writing tutorial today.
Like last week, my lecturer told us to go outdoors for 20mins...
But the task is slightly different this time
She wanted us to observe a person and connect the dots
So I went to the 'mamak' restaurant in Jaya One, took a seat, ordered an Iced Milo, and started to look around and throwing glances everywhere like a maniac!
LOL, it was awkward to tell the truth... and it made me look suspicious
Imagine sitting in a restaurant, observing the surroundings and people and then note it all down on a piece of paper
Oh~ way to be discreet and try not to look obvious *cough*
I got some questioning looks from some of the people there lol~
It would've been funny if I didn't actually have a task to complete
Got back to class, wrote it all nicely and handed it in to the lecturer
I was kinda shocked when she read my writing as the first of the best ones
And what she had to say about it? I quote her, "very well done"
According to her, it is very descriptive and it feels as if you can imagine the situation
Gosh, I can't help but feel proud of my work! :D
I'm beginning to think feature writing is my niche~
It's really fun to write and I get to observe people like a stalker! Haha as if...

2 Played:

bUmBLe bEe said...

U will be the best journalist... Really admire da way u describe things.. very "journalist"..haha...

Mishie said...

thank you for the encouragement! haha~ and i really admire the way u analyse things... very "psychologist"... hahaha!