CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 17, 2008

The Little Things...

I came to a realization this morning on the way to uni
I looked out the window and saw a big cluster of cloud
Nothing special right? But when I looked at it longer...
It began to resemble a flying dragon, I'm not kidding!
Everything was perfectly shaped,
From the head, neck, body, wings and tail
I would've taken a picture but I didn't have my camera with me

Today was my first tutorial for Feature Writing
My lecturer came in about 20mins late but she apologized, so it's okay
I'm beginning to like her teaching method, very practical
During the first lecture on Wednesday, she made us write a short essay on our favourite nursery rhyme or fairylate
We were like 'whuuuuuuuut?!'... but it was all fun~
I decided to write about 'Beauty & The Beast', definitely one of my favourite Disney fairytale

Okay getting back to today's lesson...
She assigned us the task of positioning ourselves in a place and observe the surroundings for 20mins
We were allowed to go outside of class and even out of uni, wherever we like but we have to be back by the time limit
It was a fun experience and a nice feeling, I felt like a journalist on duty!
I was surprised by what I observed, the things that went unnoticed before
It all became clearer when you take the time to observe silently, your senses become much sharper and you will notice the little things
All in all, it was an overwhelming feeling
When we got back to class, we were given 20mins (whats with the 20s?!) to write one page of essay based on our observation
The lecturer then exchanged our papers and we were asked to read out each other's essays

It made me think... made me realize
Have you ever found yourself looking up at the sky,
Or observe how beautiful it is during the night?
Have you notice if it is cloudy of filled with twinkling stars?
So, spare a little time to notice your surroundings
Life is not a one-way direction
You may look forward but your life may not necessarily go forward
Look up. Look down. Look left. Look right.
Many things happen around us, not only on the front
You will be amazed by what you may find
Stop. Observe. Appreciate.
There's much more to life than you think
Because sometimes, it's the little things that matter...

p/s: Despite my newfound positive outlook on life *ehem*, I'm quite disappointed with some people's ethics. Just when I decided that today will be a pleasant day, I just had to step on friggin' chewing gum. Like what the hell?! OMG my precious shoes T_T Which idiot who doesn't know how to dispose of chewing gum should not be allowed to chew gum in the first place! This kind of doing just shows how ignorant some people may be, not caring about the consequences of their actions. Hey idiots out there, please use your God-given brains. You must be friggin' low on IQ and EQ, no doubt about it. Again... OMG my shoes!!! *cries*

2 Played:

bUmBLe bEe said...

whahaha....chewing gum... y u suddenly become so~~ emotional?? look at the clouds & sky oso got so many feelings...whahha...but i really like the way u think... so *childish* muahahaha... no la..juz kidding.. is so real & down to earth & innocent. ^^ sometimes life can be very beautiful if ppl able to take things "innocently" & "naively".

Mishie said...

aish, i dunno ler. sometimes feel naive, sometimes feel emotional, changes according to situation haha! hey you, psychologist, how nice of you to analyse my mind, haha~