CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Darkness Tomorrow

I hope most people would've known about Earth Hour by now
Judging by the amount of publicity and messages spreading around
Yes, it's happening tomorrow from 8.30pm to 9.30pm
It's just for an hour so hopefully a majority of people would support this cause
It's not just a 'Oh, I've switched off my lights for one hour, I've done my part of saving the planet' kinda thing
It's about cultivating awareness for the long run
It's about people coming together to preserve earth, lessen the pollution and damage that we've all afflicted throughout the years
It's about making it a better place for the next generation to come
I'm really glad that we're finally taking a step ahead to do something productive
And it'll be done on a grand scale, countries all over the world are participating
This feeling of mutual goal and unity is what makes it so worthwhile
It makes me excited to be a part of it
This just goes to show that every individual can make a difference by just doing their own small part
One small step at a time is enough to make a big impact on the world, considering its 6.8 billion humans living on earth
I'll admit Earth Hour is just a publicity stunt, but it's a publicity stunt with a good cause
It's a starting point for everyone to start doing something
Coz switching off your lights for one hour tomorrow is not gonna help much
People should take this as an opportunity to start minimizing their usage of energy
I myself, am gonna do much more than just turning off the lights
In fact, I'm gonna switch off everything, even the oxygen tank of the aquarium, gahahahah!
Hopefully my family will be understanding as well, off with everything! Keep the clothes on of course
And then I'd take my dog out for a walk in the dark, how nice~ :D
I hope he will protect me, lol that little piglet!
I really think tomorrow's Earth Hour will be a great success, it's a noble cause
The world will be engulfed in darkness tomorrow, how awesome is that?!
I'm feeling excited and anticipated already!!!
I'm already thinking about that to do in the dark... *evil grin*
No, I will not listen to sad songs on my iPod coz that's just sad, and using energy
I will be blogging about the progress and effects after Earth Hour tomorrow~


On another note, my mum almost knocked down a cow yesterday while fetching me home!
We were talking when this white/cream coloured cow suddenly came out from the sideway, trying to cross the road

Luckily I saw it fast and warned my mum
I was all "Ahh! ahh! ahh!" *points to the side frantically*
I always sound so dumb and retarded when it comes to emergencies
Hey, what choice do I have? I only have a split second to shout incoherencies
I can't be saying "There's a cow coming out from the side, please avoid it!"
Gahahaha oh jeez I'm making up stupid stuff I think I have brain damage
So my mum quickly manouvered and the cow is saved!
I honestly can't think what would happen if we really knocked it down
Thankfully my mum was not driving so fast at that time
Otherwise, I don't know what would happen to the cow's head
I don't even wanna imagine it *shudders*
I told my mum "It would be so sinful to kill something so big as a cow"
Judging by the speed of the car, the cow wouldn't die, it'll just be injured with a broken neck or something
Which is worse, really, when it's a cow
There's no way to bring it to the vet, and you don't have the heart to just leave it there struggling in pain
I saw this movie once where a guy ran over a cow, and it didn't die
So the guy had no choice but to kill it with a gun, save it from a painful death
So he shot it once with a gun, and it still didn't die
A second shot and it just wouldn't die yet!
So he went and shot it over and over again LOL!
It's supposed to be sad and tragic but I can't help it, it was so funny the way the cow just wouldn't die
To think that the cow may actually live if it wasn't for the man who kept trying to kill it
But one thing about Malaysian cows is that they look like deer
So damn thin and famished, I feel so sorry for them, the grass here is so ugh, it's all mixed with weeds
We dont have green meadows filled with delicious green grass unlike the west
Seriously, when I look out the window and see a herd of cows from far, they really look like horses
I have to squint my eyes and think, what are horses doing here?


Also, I feel like such a PR person this week
I've been handling phone calls and all coz my senior colleague is on leave
I can actually do PR job!

Since I'm already naturally soft-spoken and polite on the phone shameless self-appraisal
Except, I don't really like to talk or associate with strangers

So I'm not destined to be a PR, I'm not a people-pleaser... boohoo XD


0 Played: