CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Work and Play

I attended an event with the other intern this morning, part of work
It was a fund-raising event by A Cut Above Academy
Held in Sunway Pyramid around 11am
It's just the two of us this time, no colleagues or seniors
It was a nice experience, to feel what it's like to attend events
Coz that's probably what I'll be doing in the future
We registered at the reception and were given a goodie bag each!
Have I mentioned I loooooveeeee goodie bags?!
That's what I anticipate the most from these events, that's what makes it fun and worth the attendance! LOL
Hmm... what's in the bag? *rummages*
A copy of Sister magazine, a hair moulding paste Marsh Mellow by Schwarzkopf (price tag is still attached lol, RM54), Victoria Rossa organic tea eye mask, Evian mist spray, and a bottle of Evian mineral water
Another reason why I love attending events as a journalist is because we get special treatment and front row seats!
All we have to do is sit and look pretty while pretending we're paying attention to what's going on XD
I actually paid attention, it was actually kinda interesting, not the opening speech part though
Funniest thing is that we had to stand up and sing the national anthem, like wth?!
I'm not disrespecting the national anthem or anything, but what has it got to do with it?
Then there was a speech by director and founder of A Cut Above, Winnie Loo
My first time meeting her in person, she still looks stunning for her age, we sat in the same row!
There were also performances by 2 local singers, Andy Adrian and Candy Cheah
Both singers were good but Andy looked like he has stage fright, I can see his legs shaking lol!
I don't really like to sit in the front row coz I don't know where to divert my gaze except to the front, especially when he's a good looker, hahaha
It's either I look at his face, which I did at first and we had eye contact LOL so embarassed!
Or I look to other places, which will make me look bored and not interested
Or I look at his crotch area coz it's eye level, the stage is high so looking up is tiring, no matter how handsome he might be... I'm shy >_<
I did all of that, I feel like a perv XD
Candy Cheah, I didn't recognize her name at first, says in the press release that she's the Malaysian Top Chinese Singer
It wasn't till she stepped on stage that I recognized her from years ago
She's a good singer and fluent in singing in Malay, not many Chinese singers can pull that off
Another advantage of being part of the media, you get to meet famous and influential people
I'm still holding on to my lifelong dream!
meeting DBSK in person and marrying them

Also, we walked around before the event started
It was still early in the morning like 10am+, not many shoppers around
Walked into Etude House, a Korean cosmetics brand, everything's so pinkish
I love their products though, who am I kidding, I love everything Korean~
Even the ambassadors Jang Geun Suk and Park Shin Hye!
Same goes to Skin Food and The Face Shop, everything's so pretty and healthy lol
But I decided not to buy anything yet, I don't wear make up anyway, except colour tinted lip balm, lip gloss and the occassional eyeliner
Good thing coz... there was a Japanese food products fair!!!
Oh gawd, I squealed... so happy!
But they were kinda pricey too, imported stuff
Bought miso soup paste, my favourite norimaki and decided to try this rice cracker Okaki Mochi
Those three alone already cost RM30 like freak -_-"
There were so many other items I wanted to buy lol~
Strawberry candies and chocolates and I saw this Blueberry Lavender chocolate which I wanted to try so badly *salivates*
Alas, we both bought items over RM50 so we're entitled for a lucky draw
She spinned the wheel and it stopped on Meiji confectionaries
The salesgirl gave us a bar of Strawberry chocolate! *squeals*
Which I'm eating right at this moment.. yum yum
I have a craving for strawberry, cherry, peach and green tea flavored food stuff
And I like lavender scented stuffs, it calms and relaxes me :D
I'm a sucker for Korean and Japanese stuff *drools*
Made a stop at J Co. Donuts and Auntie Anne's coz those were my lunch, lmao
Overall, a fun day out...

0 Played: