CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tribute to MJ


I just beat last month's record in number of posts! Yay?
I don't know why I posted so much this month, eager much?
But then again, I don't know about alot of things ;D

That's besides the point, I'm blogging this because...
Ohmygee~ just finished watching Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary tribute show on 8TV
And I gotta say, it was of EPIC proportions!!!!!
The man lived up to his name, legendary King of Pop
He never fails to amaze me, even after he's you know, not here anymore
Like I said, sometimes we get so caught up in the moment, we forget that he's already gone and missed but definitely never forgotten
He never lost his touch, still magnificent as ever
He moves like the air and water, proving that gravity can be defied
I just have so much admiration and respect for this man, just like the rest of the world
And although it's saddening that we lost the greatest entertainer of all time
It's not his time to go, and I think that's something the whole world would agree on
But I'm really thankful that I lived in the same world he had lived in
That I got to witness some of his greatest moments
Even though we're from different eras, it doesn't matter because his music is world music, there are no barriers
His music knows no race, ethnicity, gender, age, language, etc...
Everytime I listen to his music now, I can't help this overwhelming feeling of sadness and loss and throw in a little bit of regret
I felt my eyes get all glassy and teary
It's just very unfortunate that it had to end that way for him
But I just know that his name, Michael Jackson will be remembered for many years to come
And I know for sure that memories of him will forever be etched in my heart
I just feel sorry for the younger generations that didn't get the chance to witness the existence of this incredibly great man
I don't know whether I wanted to laugh or cry when my 4-year-old cousin started singing to "Beat It" coz he was so adorable while doing it, and because he wouldn't have known MJ if he hadn't died, and I guess he still doesn't know that he's already dead and gone, better not break the poor boy's heart, he doesn't need to know it now
I think MJ had helped shape the world in ways like none other
He had so much influence over people all around the globe
He had such enormous power, and all he ever intended to do was promote humanitarianism
Ugh, I always get emotional when I talk about him and I would go on and on
Watched the show with my parents and my younger brother
However they were more glued to the TV than I was
I kept alternating between the TV and the computer during commercial breaks
Watching it with the family is so funny and amusing
I kept hearing them gush over him and his dances, myself included of course
I'll never erase that image of his Moonwalk that brought the whole world to its knees
I guess that's sorta why "Billie Jean" is one of my favourite songs from him
And the beat to "You Rock My World" will always make me wanna groove, the title explains it all
It was his 51st birthday before midnight, well it would've been...
I'm gonna stop here before I write an essay on him
Live on forever in our hearts, I LOVE YOU MJ~




0 Played: