CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

52nd Independence Day


It totally slipped my mind that it's Independence Day today
Was talking to mum during the evening
She said bro and his gf went to stay overnight at Genting Highlands
Then I stupidly asked, "They don't have to go to work tomorrow?"
Mum gave me a look that implied something like 'are you out of your mind?'
Lol actually she just said, "Tomorrow's a public holiday."
And then lightbulbs started flashing above my head like, "Ohh~ ... right."
Like hello, earth to self, which world have you been living in?!
I actually know Merdeka was approaching, but it didn't cross my mind that tommorow's the day, you know?
Well actually today, it's already past midnight
Funniest thing was, I actually thought of skipping classes anyway
Was planning what excuses to tell mum... gahahaha!
All that for nothing, I didn't have to do anything! *headdesks*
All right, a little history lesson to accompany the theme and all
I wouldn't call it a history lesson, but anyway...
First we called it Independence Day...
Later on, we decided to promote Bahasa Malaysia, and called it Merdeka
This year, they decided on a different theme, dubbed 1Malaysia
Like what? Why so many different terms for the same event, the same day?
Sure, whatever floats your boat, but make up your mind already!
It's not about the name, it's the spirit that counts
You just can't make up a name like 1Malaysia and pray hope that it's gonna promote unity
Well, sad to say... it doesn't work like that
I'm not even gonna comment about the name, I always thought Merdeka was fine
I mean, why change something that's been a part of our lives and the country for so long?
It's just gonna confuse the citizens
Oh, and that's not the only thing they came up with this year
We also have a new theme song now, gaining airplays on radios
I have to say, it's pretty catchy and easy on the ears and all
But, who can actually sing it? Can we all sing along to it together?
Are we still gonna sing the old "Tanggal 31"?
I don't know, I don't feel the patriotism this year
Heck, I even forgot about it for goodness sake!
Where are all the flags on vehicles and decorating the city?
Maybe I stopped paying attention after leaving high school
It's not gonna get any better with the H1N1 pandemic on the loose
Well, best of luck to the country then
After all... Malaysia Boleh right? LOL ;D
Selamat Hari Kebangsaan Ke-52~


On another note, here are some of the pictures we took during the outing

Haagen Dazs... yum!
Photobucket

Where is Beii when we need her lol~ but we still managed :D
Photobucket


0 Played: