CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beneath the Moonlit Night


It's the Mooncake Festival today
But really, people only come out to gather during the night
To watch the full moon and eat mooncakes while playing lanterns
I kinda missed those times, playing with lanterns and candles and end up burning the lanterns and making a mess with wax on the pavements
Ahh... good old times... lol
That was when I used to live beside my grandparent's house and us relatives and cousins will gather to celebrate
I also remember how my dad used to take us family to the esplanade to just walk along the seaside and enjoy the refreshing sea breeze
Sometimes we would got together with other relatives too
The adults will sit and talk among themselves while us kids would use the lantern to illuminate our way around the rocks, looking for anything that is peculiar and alive, usually sea slugs o_o
I missed that, now that I'm not a kid anymore
I also remember that I used to dislike mooncakes because the taste and texture is like eating paste -_-
But now I like them and I've been craving for mooooooooooncakes!!!
I realize that preferences change when you grow up
I just hope I don't start having appetite for gross things... eww
I also started to crave for steamed buns with red bean filling the past few nights
I pestered my parents to pack home "pau" for me... lol
I blame it all on the drama that I'm currently watching and have yet to finish!
The girl character keeps eating those steamed buns and that made me wanna eat too!
No sense of control whatsoever...and easily swayed lol
Went out with mum just now and saw several houses that were celebrating and I feel like celebrating too, even if I only have a single lantern and a few candles
Well, at least I got to see glimpses of the full moon
What am I doing in front of the computer lol?
I'm going out to appreciate the beautiful moonlit night... while eating my steamed bun?! where's my mooncake?!

0 Played: