CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Salted Ice


Watched an English movie earlier, title Fire & Ice
Followed it halfway so I don't really get what's happening
But I'm a sucker for fantasy movies so I watched it anyway
Boy, no wonder I'm losing interest in Western movies and shifting to Korean instead
The dialogues were so cliche and the acting was blah and the effects looked so fake
It's about this neighboring kingdom who is trying to conquer the other kingdom and I don't know what happened in between but each kingdom awakens a fire dragon and an ice dragon each to battle it out
I was like whoa... fire and ice dragons, battle of the titans... how exciting!
But it turned out the dragons looked like giant stingrays flying in the sky...
Seriously... what the hell???
If you wanna make a fantasy movie, make it good!
Who wants to see flying stingrays of red and blue?!?!
I think Westerners don't know how a dragon should look like, okay maybe nobody knows how a dragon should look like considering how they're extinct
But in my opinion the Chinese dragons are the most beautiful ones, no this is not biasness talking lol
That all aside, the only interesting and fascinating fact I learnt from this movie is that salt melts ice
No joke, experimented it myself like a true scientist :D
Took an ice cube and a jar of what I thought was salt, placed some on the ice and tick tock uhh... nothing happened
I tasted it abit and what the hell it's SUGAR... what a rip off D:<
Took another ice cube and a packet that says SALT this time... poured in on the ice cube and tada~... it started melting instantly
Mum walked in on me in the kitchen, I gave her a sheepish grin and said, "I'm experimenting. Did you know that salt melts ice? Now I know."

0 Played: